Thursday 16 April 2009

First Post - Presentation.-


Hello, my name is Pamela Cañas Encina. I was born in September twenty sixth and I am twenty two years old. I'm studying Physical Anthropology in the University of Chile. I'm actually in fourth grade. I study in Santiago, but I live in Los Andes, a town which is one hour away from Santiago.
Besides study, I enjoy doing outdoors activities and sports like playing basketball, I also like to hang out with my friends and go to parties or to the cinema to watch a movie.
This is my first blog and I hope to be improving my english through the creation of this space.
Since I have never had a website before, I will also learn to build one by myself through the creation of this blog. I like the idea of having a blog because I think it is a good way to express some of my ideas out, about any subject given in classes.

2 comments:

  1. Pamela,
    I’m so glad you are in the right mood to start posting and working with blogs. That´s good and
    your presentation post is great. Keep up the good work!
    Please have a look at some minor corrections I’ve made.
    Hello, my name is Pamela Cañas Encina. I was born ON September twenty sixth and I am twenty two years old. I'm studying Physical Anthropology in the University of Chile AND I'm CURRENTLY in fourth grade. I study in Santiago, but I live in Los Andes, a town which is one hour away from Santiago.
    Besides studyING, I enjoy doing outdoors activities and sports like playing basketball. I also like to hang out with my friends and go to parties or to the cinema to SEE a movie.
    This is my first blog and I hope to improvE my english through the creation of this space.
    Since I have never had a website before, I will also learn to build one by myself through the creation of this blog. I like the idea of having a blog because I think it is a good way to express some of my ideas out, about any subject given in classes.
    Remember:
    e) Verbs take ‘ing’ after prepositions: I use it for writing / He sat there without speaking / She’s good at singing /I’m thinking of going…, I like to do a lot of things besides studyING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    thanks for the corrections. I hope not to make the same mistakes again.

    anyway, I got a question: why should be "SEE" a movie, instead of "WATCH" a movie?
    my school's english teacher always told me that both, see and watch, were correct but watch was more proper

    is it right?

    ReplyDelete